Hello RJFC families and welcome back! I hope this finds you and your families all well and out and about enjoying some relative freedom.
With much anticipation, our Summer Squad Training sessions are soon to commence with both sessions being held at Alan Bain Reserve (opposite Richmond Primary School). The following pre-Christmas dates have been locked in:
- Sunday, 6th December 2020, and
- Sunday, 13th December 2020
Due to the limited training space available to us and the necessary COVID protocols put in place, it has been decided to split our sessions into two:
- Under 8s to Under 11s training @ 4.00pm (to 5.00pm)
- Under 12s to Under 17s training @ 5.00pm (to 6.00pm)
We sincerely hope this doesn’t inconvenience too many families with children attending both time slots.
Please ensure all players bring their:
- OWN water bottles (clearly labelled),
- runners (NO footy boots!), and
- for everyone – please make yourselves familiar with the attached document detailing the COVID procedures and requirements.
These sessions provide a wonderful opportunity for our players to not only improve on their skills, but to make new friends (and blow off a bit of steam before the school week starts!). We welcome all to bring a friend or sibling along and get involved!
Given the current environment, we would also like to make you aware of the local council and COVID requirements. Everyone, from players to parents/carers and RJFC volunteers, will need to follow these protocols in order to ensure everyone is safe and we adhere to COVID guidelines. To help us maintain these protocols, there will again be a COVID safety officer at each session.
- Illness / Reporting requirements
- Any player or volunteer who is unwell MUST NOT attend
- If a player is sent home due to illness, they will need to get a medical clearance to return
- If a player or volunteer tests positive to COVID-19, they must IMMEDIATELY report this to their Team Manager who will report to RJFC. The appropriate action will be taken and communicated, in line with Government advice and guidelines
- Attendance will be tracked at each training session – there will be a registration desk and a COVID marshal at each session to help with this
- You or your child (if attending alone) will need to immediately check in at each session by either scanning the QR code or signing the attendance form at the registration desk
- Spectators are allowed, however must socially distance (1.5 metres apart) and be in groups of no more than 10
- Hygiene procedures
- All players must bring their own labelled water bottles – NO sharing
- RJFC will supply disinfectant spray and sanitiser for cleaning hands and equipment
- Limited use of facilities
- Toilets will be accessible, however is access is limited to maintain safety
- Please note: The City of Yarra would like to advise that no change room facilities will be accessible during this period. Players should arrive dressed and ready to go, with the understanding that they will also be unable to access any facilities to get changed after the session.
2021 registrations will open soon, so keep your eye out on the RJFC website.
Hope to see you all down at Alan Bain this Sunday!